The color of the year by Pantone for 2015 is Marsala. How do we exactly describe Marsala. It a naturally robust and earthy wine reds, kind of a dark burgundy with deep browns mixed in. I am totally loving the color. What I love most about this color, you only need one item to make a statement. Here are few of my favorites picks based on this color. Check it out…. Read More»
Finally it’s here, love love love this luxurious oil-free moisturizer cream with BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30. Well thanks to Dr. Perricone he has done it again, creating the most amazing moisturizer for the day Photo Plasma by Perricone MD.
Why I love this so much,
- Non-chemical UVA and UVB–mineral Titanium Dioxide sunscreen.
- No heaviness or chalky white residue on your skin,
- Protects against sun exposure, dehydration, pollution, excessive heat, harsh wind, extreme cold, heavy metal, smoke, stress, and chemical irritants.
- It is formulated with Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin C Ester to help brighten the skin and smooth surface imperfections.
- Paraben Free
- Being of a darker skin tone, I love how flawless my skin looks, there is no oily or heavy feel to the products, it’s like silk on your skin.
Just buy it, you won’t be sorry. Get it at Amazon for about $69
Totally loving this dark burgundy lipstick from YSL. This luminous satin texture lipstick, provides all day hydration and long wear. Its a must have color for fall.
As most of you know me, I usually talk about makeup and skin care. But this last week, I have been in search for a fun, sexy, kind of a 1920′s style dress but with a modern twist to it. After weeks and weeks of searching I found it, but to my surprise it was sold out, and I was determined to find it. Day after day, I searched and searched and searched and searched and no luck,and yes it is completely sold out. To my surprise, I found one last night at http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/all-neutral-dress Designer Ryu…thank you for this dress, looking forward to adding more dresses from your collection.
31 MaySummer Beauty Must Haves
Summer is finally here. My favorite must haves for the summer
1. Protect you skin from UV sun Rays with SPF 30 by Skinceuticals –Personal I prefer Physical sunblocks over Chemical
2. Get that GLOWING skin withDr. Dennis Gross “Alpha Beta Glow Pad”, anti-aging exfoliating self tanner with Active Vitamin D. Use it the night before and wake up to a beautiful self adjusting tan the next day. Great on all skin colors
3. Pop of nail color great on hands and toes by OPI, for the perfect summer dress or swim wear
4. Great for the frizz uncontrollable hair. This Dry oil Mist from Alterna Bamboo creates shiny, lustrous hair while protecting your color and boosting the health of your hair.
5. Perfect color for lip and cheek by Bobbi Brown
6. Finally the perfect Hat for the summer. Nordstrom
I have met quite a few Indian girls and some darker skin tone girls asking me how to find the best nude lipsticks. It is a challenge to find that perfect nude lipstick for any skin tone but especially challenging for tan to darker skin tones.
Few pointers to look into before purchasing your nude lipstick…
- Under tones to your skin color: yellow, bronze, reddish,
- Color of your lips: deep pink, deep plum, dark brown, or two tone (your inner lips are a lighter than outer lips, usually your outer lips are a lot darker)
- What kind of nude are you comfortable wearing, where you don’t look washed out.
Tips for perfect nude
Lip-liners are a must, especially 2 to 3 shades darker than the lipstick color, especially if you have a two tone or darker brown tone to your lips.
Lip-gloss adds more a radiance and plumping effect to your lips and you don’t look washed out.
How put on the nude lips
- make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized
- dap a little foundation on your lips before applying the lipstick
- apply lipstick
- after applying your lipstick, outline your lips with the pencil. When out lining your lips , make sure you are shading the outer corners of your lips, kind of like feathering motion. Don’t be too heavy with the lip-liner (it is a good idea to use a lip brush for blending the liner with lipstick), the idea is just to outline the lips without making it look like an Oreo cookie.
- finish by applying the lip-gloss to the center of the lips just a little to give it a glossy effect.
Here are my picks: Read More»
08 FebTime for Valentine Pick
Here are some fun Valentine’s Pick
Here is a list of my favorite finds…. beauty.
STILA- Know Matte Eye Shadow Palette
One of my favorite finds was this beautiful collection of matte eyeshadows: Know by Stila ranging from soft light beige, warm peachy ,browns and darker charcoal and you also receive an amazing waterproof eyeliner. Most of these shadows can be worn wet or dry. I love matte eyeshadows, these are great for any age, and gives you the most flawless and and flattering look, for an all day wear. Great collection 10 matte shadows and waterproof smudge eyeliner for only $39
I love highlighters to give you skin an extra glow and radiance for an all year round. Again thanks to Stila for creating this beautiful highlighter ”Set & Illuminate” by Stila . A baked trio of illuminating and light refracting powders, goes on like satin- you can apply this alone or over your foundation. This set includes three brightening powders for great pigments and gives your skin an amazing glow and radiance. Set & Illuminate is a sheer, lightweight baked setting powder that brightens and illuminates the skin and can be worn alone or applied over foundation or moisturizer. Great over you cheekbones, décolleté, or your favorite shimmer eyeshadow.
Finally the Tinted Foundation by Laura Mercier available in a convenient compact! For all you Laura’s fan who love her Tinted foundation you can carry it in you bags and travel with it without the mess. I am sure we all agree this summer the heat has been crazy and at times I don’t enjoy wearing my foundation but love having a compact because I can put it on anywhere and love carrying it with me and don’t have to get my fingers all messy.
I love lipsticks by “Lipstick Queen” the beautiful collection of reds, if you ever had a problem finding the right red well look no further, I promise you will find the perfect red by Lipstick Queen, these lipsticks goes on beautifully without being too dry, heavy, sticky, or too shiny. The application is smooth, creamy and moisturizing. I just purchased my very first Lipcolor from “Lipstick Queen” in her collection of Chinatown Glossy Pencil in Chase color, its a beautiful sheer almost watermelon color. Its my favorite new color and I wear it almost everyday, receive so many compliments.
Finally came across this new fragrance by Marc Jacob hint of berries, honeysuckle, jasmine, coconut water, citrus, vanilla, and a little musk. I totally love this fragrance, not to strong, but last all day. It wasn’t too sweet, or too musky, just a right combination of all the right scents, great for summer going into fall.