I have met quite a few Indian girls and some darker skin tone girls asking me how to find the best nude lipsticks. It is a challenge to find that perfect nude lipstick for any skin tone but especially challenging for tan to darker skin tones.
Few pointers to look into before purchasing your nude lipstick…
- Under tones to your skin color: yellow, bronze, reddish,
- Color of your lips: deep pink, deep plum, dark brown, or two tone (your inner lips are a lighter than outer lips, usually your outer lips are a lot darker)
- What kind of nude are you comfortable wearing, where you don’t look washed out.
Tips for perfect nude
Lip-liners are a must, especially 2 to 3 shades darker than the lipstick color, especially if you have a two tone or darker brown tone to your lips.
Lip-gloss adds more a radiance and plumping effect to your lips and you don’t look washed out.
How put on the nude lips
- make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized
- dap a little foundation on your lips before applying the lipstick
- apply lipstick
- after applying your lipstick, outline your lips with the pencil. When out lining your lips , make sure you are shading the outer corners of your lips, kind of like feathering motion. Don’t be too heavy with the lip-liner (it is a good idea to use a lip brush for blending the liner with lipstick), the idea is just to outline the lips without making it look like an Oreo cookie.
- finish by applying the lip-gloss to the center of the lips just a little to give it a glossy effect.
Here are my picks:
Skin tone: Undertones yellow, bronze to reddish, olive, medium, tan- dark medium
Lip-liners: Houdepodge by MAC, Cork by MAC, Chestnut by MAC (recommended for darker lip tones)
Skin tone: Bronze to reddish, dark to deep tones will love it, two tone lips and darker brown lip tone
Lip-gloss: Bare Beige by Laura Mercier
Lipstick: Jubilee by MAC : very natural, more latte brown hints of peachy pink
Skin tone: tan, med dark skin, either yellow or bronze undertones
Lip-liners: Cork by MAC, Quartz by MAC